Error: System Resource limit matched
Description: swap usage of x.x% matches resource limit [swap usage<30.0%]
For assistance, please contact FireMon Support
When you run out of physical memory, you use virtual memory, which stores the data in memory on disk. Reading from disk is slower than reading from memory. Exchanging data between real memory and virtual memory is referred to as "swapping". The space on disk is "swap space". Swapping is useful because applications that aren't being used can be stored on disk until they are used. Then they can be "paged in" and run normally again. While it is not in memory, though, the OS can use that memory for something else, like disk cache.
Swap usage is only a problem if you see it continually climb and eventually reach 100%, which will cause performance issues. To address this issue from reoccurring, we recommend increasing the swap alert threshold for swap event alerts from triggering a warning message.
To increase the swap alert threshold, complete the following steps.
- Log in to the Server Control Panel (https://hostnameorIP:55555).
- On the toolbar, click OS.
- On the OS page, scroll to the Swap Usage Threshold field box.
- Enable the Swap Usage Threshold field by clicking the status key.
- Enter a new threshold percentage. We recommend setting the threshold to 50%.
- Click Stage Changes, and then click Apply Changes.
If you continue to see swap alerts after increasing your swap usage threshold consider adding more RAM for your FMOS server.