“Ensure ndexec user exists in secmgr… Failed” error during FMOS update
Issue description: During an FMOS version update, a failure may occur resulting in the following error:
jas : ensure ndexec user exists in secmgr ... failed
This will sometimes return the “Gateway Time-out” or “Cannot Connect” error, and will display the following message:
“Failed to apply configuration policy. The system update process failed. The system may be in an inconsistent or unusable state. Please review and address any error messages displayed above, then run ‘fmos update’ again.”
Alternatively, in some scenarios the “Gateway Time-out” error will not occur, and the following message is shown:
“Applying the FMOS configuration policy failed. Review any error messages displayed above for details about the problem. After making any changes to address the issue, run the `fmos redeploy` command to finish applying the configuration policy.”
Resolution: This issue often occurs when a proxy has been configured on the server.
To remedy this issue, complete the following steps.
- Log on to the Server Control Panel with your CLI admin credentials at https://server_name_or_IP:55555 (Note: due to compatibility issues, Chrome or Firefox should be used when utilizing the Server Control Panel.)
- On the toolbar, click OS.
- On the menu page, click Proxy.
- Enable the No Proxy For field box by clicking the status key.
- Enter localhost in the field.
- Click Stage Changes and then Apply Configuration.
- Once the configuration successfully applies, retry the FMOS update via the CLI, and it should now complete successfully.