Generating a MkDiag package from the Server Control Panel
- Log into the Server Control Panel at https://applicationserveripaddress:55555. Use the same credentials that you would use to access the FMOS CLI.
- Navigate to the Diagnostic Package tab.
- Type in your ticket number in the Ticket/ID field and hit Create.
Once created, you will see your diagnostic package on this same page ready for download.
Generating a MkDiag package from the CLI
- SSH into the FMOS server.
- At the prompt, run the command: cd /var/tmp
- At the prompt, run the command: fmos mkdiagpkg <support case number>.
Replace <support case number> with the number provided from Support.
- Once complete, you will have a option to upload directly to FireMon Support. This requires the FMOS has internet access.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for MkDiag Credentials.
Sending the MkDiag
- Connect to your FMOS server using WinSCP or another file transfer utility.
- Navigate to the /var/tmp directory and transfer the MkDiag to your local machine.
Please send the file to Support via SFTP.
SFTP location: upload.firemon.com
Username: Support Case Number
Password: Password provided by FireMon Support.
After the file is sent, please reply to the support case and let FireMon Support know that the file has been sent.