In cases where a network interface needs to be removed thru SCP, the network interface must be set to "disabled" before it is removed.
In cases where it was removed when it's enabled, use these instructions on how to solve.
You have to re-add the interface back to the system and disable it. This does require the server to be rebooted.
Having direct console access to the machine would be a good thing during this process.
1. On SCP, add a new interface and name it 'dr' (example name)
2. Set enabled to 'false'
3. Set configuration mode to None
4. Stage and apply
5. Reboot the server in CLI (fmos reboot)
On CLI: fmos redeploy netconfig
6. Leave the interface disabled on SCP
7. If the customer doesn't need the interface, we can go ahead and delete it while it's still disabled, then stage and apply.