As seen below (Customer running FMC 6.3), the FMC's logs are being forwarded to include "Firepower-module1" instead of the FMC's hostname within syslog messages forwarded to the DC. In this particular use case this was also true for all FTDs (test to verify, as this will assist the customer in advising their Cisco Tech). This requires the customer's Cisco Technical Support team to assist, as they will need to reset the device name to represent the true hostname in syslog traffic.
Articles in this section
- Azure NSGs Hit Counters
- How to Find a Device ID in the Administration Module
- Device not available in Security Manager
- Troubleshoot Syslog device usage
- Troubleshoot Device Retrievals
- SSH retrievals fail on FMOS 9.3 and later
- Cisco ASA logging best practices
- Cisco Firepower logging bug replacing hostname with "Firepower-module1" in syslog traffic | FMC missing changes/usage
- Add a Cisco Meraki Device
- CSM config state "committed" VS "deployed"
Please sign in to leave a comment.