This module provides the tools, methods, and information that will enable you to tidy your firewall security policy safely and efficiently.
Topics include . . .
- The Cleanup Problem
- The Unused Rule: A Cautionary Tale
- The Overly Permissive Rule: A Learning Analogy
- The FireMon Solution
- Root Causes of Rulesbase Deterioration
- Benefits of Rulebase Cleanup
- Learning Objectives
- Preparing for Cleanup
- Cleanup Approach & Methodology
- Step #1: Identify the firewalls most in need of cleanup
Step #2: Identify the policies bloated with obsolete rules and objects
Step #3: Identify overly permissive rules
Step #4: Run Traffic Flow Analysis
Understanding the TFA Report